"THE JERSEY FA SUPPORTS LOCAL COACHES"
The Jersey FA sees the development of coaches as central to the development of the game, and working collaboratively accelerates learning and supports coaches’ development.
Jersey FA support coaches by:
- Running FA Level 1 and 2 Coaching Football Courses;
- Running FA Level 1 and 2 GK Coaching Football Courses;
- Running FA Safeguarding Children and FA Introduction to First Aid Workshops;
- One Foundation funding to Clubs for coaches to attend courses and workshops;
- Signposted to FA Licensed Coaches Club and England DNA Websites;
- Signposted to Hive Learning FA Coaching Community and Foundation Phase DNA resources;
- In-situ visits and 1:1 meetings for coaches attending FA Level 2 Coaching Courses;
- Mentoring and in-service coaches events for coaches working in Jersey FA Community Programme, Centre of Excellence and Player Development Centres;
- In-situ CPD visits to Clubs running 5-11 programmes;
- Posts on Jersey FA Social Media (Twitter and Facebook) which includes session plans;
- Jersey FA full-time staff all available for 1:1 meetings with any coaches on their philosophy, system of play, session planning and coach development plans.
Up to date with England DNA
The England DNA is the playing and coaching philosophy of the England national teams. The aim of England DNA is to help clubs and coaches at all levels of the game learn more about the vision for the future England teams and players and the ways of working being developed to ensure consistency and connection between age-group teams and senior squads.
The long term aim of the England DNA is to help create winning senior teams in the men’s and women’s game. To help achieve this aim, England development teams are being prepared to win games, tournaments and competitions at every level. Winning however with the development teams is not the ultimate aim. The individual development of a young player is always the priority meaning that decisions that aid the development of future senior players at the detriment of an isolated result will be taken.
The England DNA template is designed so it can be replicated by clubs up and down the country. Allowing each club to establish their own coaching and playing philosophy.
The Jersey FA DNA
Here at the Jersey FA Head of development Brian Oliver has been working with the local coaches of the Link Development centres for boys and girls to create a model to support player development.
Who We Are: An Island association established in 1905 the Jersey FA are passionate and proud islanders with a rich history and tradition in local football.
How We Play: The Jersey FA system of play is based upon a 1-4-3-3 system with an emphasis on attacking play. We encourage our teams to play out from the back and through the thirds of the pitch aiming to dominate possession intelligently. We look to defend as early as possible taking into account the state of the game, the environment and the pre-determined game plan.
How We Coach: Jersey FA coaching staff use a clear and consistent coaching methodology to develop future generations of Island players. All coaching sessions are designed around core principles which include delivery of game related practices that enable players to make their own decisions.
The Future Jersey Player: Our aim is to develop future Island players with outstanding characteristics across a four corner player development model which includes, technical/tactical, psychological, physical and social attributes and skills.
How We Support: We provide support through a programme of weekly coaching sessions using the latest coaching methods within a positive learning environment. We also aim to provide all our squads of players with competitive games opportunities both on and off the Island.