Continual Professional Development
Information about how to retain membership of the FA Licensed Coaches Club via your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and the accumulation of the required number of hours to renew your license to coach can be found via:
Basic membership of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club is free of charge.
Coaches must hold the necessary certifications (see below) to apply. Using your FA Number (FAN) and password you can enrol from the link shown below. If you have your FAN but cannot recall your password, you can re-set it from this link: Password Reset
A step by step process document on how to enrol is available: The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club - Application Process.pdf
The FA Licensed Coaches' Club Enrolment Criteria
Coaches wishing to join The FA Licensed Coaches' Club must hold the following:
• Minimum Level 1 Award in Coaching Football Certificate
• In date (less than 3 years old) Emergency Aid Certificate
• In date (less than 3 years old) Safeguarding Children Certificate
• An in date (less than 3 years old) FA Accepted Criminal Records Check (for coaches working with children)
The purpose of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club
The future development of football in this country is reliant on better coaches. At all levels of the game the Football Association needs coaches who possess the expertise, knowledge and attitude to positively affect the players and teams with which they work. It forms a key part of The FA’s Youth Development Review and Coaching Strategy. In today’s ever evolving game, it is essential that coaches at all levels of the game keep up to speed with new coaching techniques and advice.
The FA Licensed Coaches' Club Membership Benefits
In order to encourage coaches to join and receive their coaching licence, coaches will receive a number of benefits from the scheme:
• Access to members’ website with online resources, session plans, videos, interviews and coaching news.
• Free England tickets (ballot entry for all home matches for every England team).
• Discounts on National FA Learning courses.
• Access to accredited local training events.
• FA Photo Coaching Licence. (upload your own photo as part of the enrolment process)
• Access to UEFA’s coaching tool, TaxtX
• Option to purchase insurance.
• Option to subscribe to The FA’s coaching magazine, The Boot Room.
The membership website also highlights to coaches when their certifications are about to expire allowing plenty of time to renew.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
To retain membership, coaches must complete a number of hours CPD each year between 1st August and 31st July (membership period).
Coaches can complete these hours through attendance on other courses or by attending events which are part of the programme of in service workshops delivered free of charge by Jersey FA each year.
Please Note: Renewing Safeguarding Children or Emergency Aid courses are not able to be used for CPD purposes. Number of hours CPD required to retain membership (1st Aug – 31st July):
• Level One - 3 hours per year
• Level Two - 5 hours per year
• Level Three / UEFA B, Level Four / UEFA A and Pro Licence - 5 hours per year
If you are hesitating over joining, it’s FREE, why wouldn't you?
Further details and information is available via The FA Licensed Coaches' Club website for further information on upcoming CPD events contact Jersey FA Head of Development Brian Oliver on Brian.Oliver@JerseyFA.com or contact the Jersey FA office on 01534 730433.