Players should be familiar with the fact that they must abide by the Laws of Association Football and that the Match Officials enforce these Laws. The consequences of breaches of the Laws of Association Football are cautions, dismissal from the field of play and possible charges from the Jersey FA.
Participants are likely to be less familiar with the wide range of disciplinary procedures and to assist this The FA has developed guidance to summarise the County Disciplinary Procedures at Step 5 and below.
The Discipline Handbook
The Discipline Handbook is an online interactive reference guide to aid Leagues, Clubs and Players through the forthcoming season.
You can access the handbook by clicking on the following link at the bottom of the page.
The handbook will be a useful guide to explain the disciplinary process and details the changes that have taken place over the last few years – including match based discipline, sanction guidelines, the whole game system and changes to handling discrimination. This year’s guide also includes videos and resources that will go into greater depth to explain the disciplinary process.
The handbook can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
- Introduction from Mark Ives, Disciplinary Manager
- Sin Bin Trials
- Eligibility of Players in Fixtures
- Who is responsible for ensuring Players are not suspended before they play?
- Wrongful Dismissals
- Why have the RESPECT sanctions been introduced?
- Player Insurance
- Whole Game System
- What steps are The FA Taking to improve handling of discrimination cases?
- Reporting Discrimination - Grassroots Players and Supporters
- Why do County FA's issue fines in youth football?
- Sharing your ideas to improve grassroots football
- Board of Appeal
- Guide to the Appeals process
- Standard Code of Rules Template
- Standard Code of Rules Youth
- Reporting Discrimination booklets for grassroots players and supporters
- Sanction Guidelines
There is also a Leagues section to provide guidance for administrators regarding the Powers and Duties of the League.