"Who We Are"
"The Jersey FA is a National Football Association and is the governing body for all aspects of football on the Island. The Jersey FA has also chosen to affiliate to the FA and in return receives a number of benefits."
The Jersey FA regulates and administers football across all variants of the game. Our aim is to grow participation levels, encourage diversity, promote best practices and create a safe learning environment for all to enjoy the game. There are over 2,200+ players of all ages involved in football who are supported by 500+ volunteers working alongside the Jersey FA to ensure the grassroots game flourishes, grows and continues to be the Island's number one participative sport.
The Jersey FA does not co-ordinate league football, that is the role of the Jersey Football Combination, we provide governance, ensuring the game is played in accordance with the relevant rules and in line with best practice.
There remains a number of challenges in the game including; growing the number of female players, increasing the number of Referees and Assistants and enhancing our disciplinary procedures and protocol.
As we continue to develop and improve the game we have set ourselves these targets for 2019:
- Football will be recognised as Jersey’s number 1 community sport
- There will be increased investment of time and money into the game
- Player participation levels will have increased
- The Safeguarding of Children will be fully intergrated within and across all football activities
- There will be sufficient number of qualified Referees to meet demands
- There will be an established programme of games for players to represent Jersey at all levels
- The Jersey FA will be acknowledged as an efficient, well run governing body that adds value
- Collaboration We are inclusive, respectful and work co-operatively across teams.
- Integrity We are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing.
- Pride We take responsibility in our approach and enjoy our work.
- We work together.
- We support each other.
- We are flexible.
- We consult and communicate with each other.
- We use external support when required.
- We are decisive.