We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and proactive individual with a thorough working knowledge of the main business functions (marketing / H.R ) who wants to make a positive contribution to the governance of grassroots football in Jersey.
• To serve as a Non- Executive Director of the Association and to actively participate in its strategic management.
• To execute the responsibilities of Company Directors in accordance with the Companies (Jersey) Law 1991 and other relevant legislation.
• To safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
• To fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
• To work with the CEO and, where appropriate, relevant sub-committees, to ensure timely, accurate information for presentation and approval by the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
• Approve audit reports, budgets, and business decisions.
• Contribute to the development of policies and strategic plans.
• Ensure the Association complies with legal requirements.
The successful applicant must also be able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
• A seat as a Non-Executive Director on the Jersey FA Board
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive business
• To work with key stakeholders within the grassroots and game
• A commitment to empower and support personal development
Recruitment for the voluntary role will be based on both the technical ability to fulfil the role and also the following key behavioural competencies, as defined in the Jersey Football Association’s Competency Model:
We would appreciate if you could complete Jersey FA’s Diversity Monitoring form along with your application. Completion of this form is entirely optional however it does, on a generalised level, provide the Association with the opportunity to track the breadth and depth of the applications from different parts of the community. This form should be filled out anonymously and sent to us separately to your application form. This data will then be collected and collated anonymously.
Application process opens
Application deadline at 5pm
Applicants who have not heard back by this date should assume
they have been unsuccessful
Likely interview date.
The Jersey FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Jersey FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and would actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
The interview process:
The date for applications to close will be at 5pm on Friday 17th September 2021.
Applications will be shortlisted and we will invite some candidates for an interview. The interviews will take place on Monday 20th September 2021 and will be hosted by Jersey FA. We can be flexible with interview times where required. A formal induction process will take place once we have appointed to the role. This process will be adapted for anyone who has a disability or any other accessibility requirements.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A RECRUITMENT PACK
CLICK HERE TO DOWLOAD A ROLE PROFILE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM