We are looking for a passionate and innovative individual to chair the Jersey FA Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG) and sit on the JFA Board as Non-Executive Director.
The successful individual will help shape the organisation’s direction of travel to ensure children, young people and adults of all backgrounds and communities can access high quality opportunities. The chairperson will lead the IAG to support our organisation in updating and delivering our Equality Action Plan and support projects across the organisation in helping to continue to achieve the Equality Standards for sport.
Please find some key information below and within the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of this page. This is a voluntary position.
Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG)
The IAG acts as the check and balance to Jersey FA's (JFA) equality, diversity and inclusion work. It will comprise of a minimum of four members, with collective knowledge and experience of specific aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion such as race; gender equality (not the development of women's football); disability equality (not the development of disability football); mental health; LGBTQ+ and faith communities.
The Inclusion Advisory Group will meet at least quarterly and is an independent group that provides advice to, and reports into, the main JFA Board.
The successful candidate will be tasked with:
• Chairing the Inclusion Advisory Group, meeting on at least four times per year.
• Challenging and supporting the organisation in terms of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
• Supporting in delivering the equality objectives and ensuring they are embedded across the organisation.
• Promoting a culture of respect for inclusion and championing inclusion and equality issues across football.
• Developing an Equality Action Plan for the organisation.
• Supporting the Equality Impact Assessments.
• Seeking funding opportunities to support any specific equality projects.
• Promoting and highlighting good practise from Governing Bodies and other sports/organisations.
• Undertaking such other duties as the Board may direct from time to time.
Jersey FA Board
The Board is collectively responsible for the long-term success of Jersey FA and exclusively empowered to lead it. Matters reserved to the Board include:
• Approval of the Association’s strategy;
• Approval of the long-term financial plan and annual budget;
• Monitoring delivery of the strategic plan and objectives;
• Periodic review of the financial plan and performance against annual budget;
• Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance as required;
• Periodic review of major risks;
• Discussion of, and engagement with, stakeholder proposals and concerns; and
• A process to identify areas where the Board may be assisted by further education and training.
As a Director you will:
• Serve as a Director of the Company and actively participate in its strategic management.
• Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with Jersey Companies Law and other relevant legislation.
• Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
• Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, monitoring the effective management and delivery of the Association’s strategic aims and objectives.
• Set challenging objectives for continuously improved performance.
• Oversee the management of risk to the Association.
• Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
• Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
• Promote equality of opportunity throughout the Association.
• Fully participate in Board induction, training or development and performance monitoring.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
Board meetings take place on a monthly basis and you will be expected to provide support for the executive in delivery. Board meetings will usually be on a weekday at the Jersey FA Offices, Springfield Stadium, Janvrin Road, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4LF or via online options.
For further information, please contact:
David Kennedy, Chief Executive
Email:David.Kennedy@jerseyfa.com or Tel: 07797 837222
Bradley Vowden, Chairman of the Board
To apply, please read our Recruitment Pack and Role Profile documents below and complete the application form. You should return the form, marked “Private and Confidential” to David Kennedy, at David.Kennedy@jerseyfa.com by 17.00 on Friday 15 April.
References and qualifications will be verified ahead of any appointment to the role. Interviews will take place on 3 May 2021.
Jersey FA Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and would actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applicant Diversity Form