DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR DEVELOPING FEMALE PLAYERS?
If so, we'd love you to come and join the team at Jersey FA to oversee the planning, preparation and delivery of our Player Development Centre for girls programme.
Job title: Jersey FA Player Development Centre (Girls) Manager
Salary: £5,000 annually
Hours per week: Will vary throughout the season.
Vacancy type: Casual worker contract
Location: Mainly remote working, office when required: Jersey FA, Springfield Stadium, Janvrin Road, St. Helier, JE2 4LF
Closing Date: 12 pm on Wednesday 18th October 2023
About the role
Please see full job description by clicking here
There has never been a better time to join the Jersey FA to play a leading role in the development of opportunities for identified girls with talent and potential!
• To recruit and manage qualified coaches to provide a coaching workforce for all age groups – u12-u16s;
• To organise the profiling and selection of all players within the Centre, including trial evenings and screening process;
• To ensure high standards of coaching delivery across all age groups using FA Plan, Do, Review and Long Term Player Development models;
• To ensure appropriate co-ordination of all aspects of the games programme both on and off the Island;
• To develop and oversee a Continuous Professional Development programme, to include mentoring for coaches and support staff involved within the Centre;
• To monitor and evaluate both player and coach performance within the Centre;
• To organise and distribute all required kit and equipment to ensure high quality standards are met;
• To maintain good relations with all Clubs, Schools and Parents;
• To oversee the FA’s ‘Discover My Talent’ recruitment process;
• To contribute to the Jersey FAs delivery of Safeguarding Operating Standards;
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have coaching experience in developing young female players and be able to manage a committed team of football coaches. They will be able to work as part of a team, be self-motivated and have excellent leadership skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with clubs and organisations.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and cover letter expressing why would like to be considered for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 pm on Wednesday 18th October 2023.
Interviews will take place across the below dates. Please indicate in your cover letter, which of the below you would be able to be interviewed:
• Tuesday 24th October, 2023
• Wednesday 25th October, 2023
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 20th October 2023 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
Jersey FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Jersey FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Brian Oliver, Football Development Manager, email@example.com for an informal discussion.